Our CEO, Sarah Fader, celebrates her birthday on October 17th. In honor of Sarah, I asked her to share five facts about herself so that you all could get to know her better. I also asked her to share some pieces of advice – one for writers and one piece of general advice. Sarah has been writing professionally for over a decade and has a ton of knowledge to share. She is both the CEO of Eliezer Tristan Publishing Inc. and of the 501c3 non-profit, Stigma Fighters. Sarah has helped many people and continues to bring a special light to the world just by being who she is.
Five little-known fun facts about Sarah:
1. When I was 12, I used to laugh so hard that I peed on myself. As you can imagine, being incontinent made me popular in junior high school. My mom took me to a doctor who told me I had “giggle incontinence.” Naturally, I laughed and he said: “it’s not funny.”
2. I was a voice on MTV’s Daria. My character’s nose caved in after a
botched nose job.
3. I went to LaGuardia High School of Music and Art & Performing Arts in New York City, otherwise known as the “Fame school.”
4. My favorite flower is an Iris
5. I love playing Magic The Gathering. I want to start an MTG night in Portland (like a poker night, but for Magic.)
A piece of advice for writers:
“Fuck what everyone else says about your writing. Write what you know,
what you’re passionate about, and what you want the world to hear.”
A piece of advice for everyone:
“The more mistakes you make, the better. I’ve learned more from my
failures than my successes.”
From Sparklle, Deputy Editor and Project Manager at ETP:
Words cannot describe how grateful I am for Sarah. With Eliezer Tristan Publishing, Sarah built something truly special – she built jobs and internship opportunities as well as a platform for people to share their stories in book form (including highly important stories that often go untold.) She is dedicated to giving people a voice. I am beyond thankful for Sarah’s friendship and for all that she does for the world around her. Thank you, Sarah, for changing my life. I invite everyone to celebrate Sarah and wish her a happy birthday!
Find Sarah here:
Happy birthday, Sarah!
Sparklle Rainne, Deputy Editor and Project Manager